FMK models is a UK specialist in manufacture of quality model kits for radio control, freeflight and control line., innovators in micro RC models for over 20 years, our range of micro RC models have been available since 1988, all our kits are available for direct retail sale from this site , or to the trade for resale or distribution contact us by email for details of trade prices.
Sample kit parts from some FMK kits and a rainbow 010 wing built from a FMK / Miniature Aircraft Factory kit
Whats in a kit......
All kits contain ALL the wooden parts ( and vac forms if necessary ), all cnc laser cut balsa, plywood, spruce etc, all stripwood, sheet wood precut parts, no additional wood is needed, plans, instructions etc, kits also contain some parts such as laser cut control horns., no linkage hardware ( snakes , control rods ) are supplied at present ( as most builders have preferences to brand . No covering ( unless listed ), radio control or engines etc are supplied. Most kits also contain some decals ( check description ).
Over the years we have had many reviews in the major modelling magazines , kits now are all laser cut with redrawn cad plans, however flying and general construction are the same ( apart from the now supreme quality of part fit and lighter weight of model.
( if you know of a review we have missed, or the dates of any reviews i have missing, can you email us with the details! , i know we have many more than listed below!, )
I also know of some strange products marketed by `The Miniature Aircraft Factory` in the early 1990s....Obviously no longer sold!, 1) .Left and right handed sandpaper ( it always struck me you could turn it over to be the other...., it must have been a joke! and 2) Was a piece of plywood with holes cut in it, as a model lightening template ( to use to cut the holes in your model with! )
Dates and details of reviews of our companies products
- Rainbow .049 /.8cc sports model , November 1991 Aeromodeller magazine , review by Jim Woodside of the model flying freeflight kit was supplied for freeflight or radio control.
- Ripster , radio modeler , sports model for .10ci engines, Review 199? Radio modeller magazine
- Flutterbug electric glider in Silent flight magazine 1997 Feb / March issue
- Danselfly .010 , reviewed by Ken Swailes and David Boddington in Aviation modeller issue ??
- The Stunt Machine Review in ????
- The Mini Flying Machine Review in ????
- The E-Cub semi scale piper cub 33 inch span for 540 electric motors, Review in Modeller's world by Traplet Publications issue 8 An introduction to R/C Model Electric Flight`editor Stephen Mettam and reviewed by Mike Donkin
- The Webbit , reviewed by Nigel Hawes , manufactured and supplied at the time by The Miniature Aircraft Factory however we did not buy this design when we purchased The Miniature Aircraft Factory and all the other designs
- The E-Machine Review 50 or 58 inch span , Review in Modeller's world by Traplet Publications issue 8 An introduction to R/C Model Electric Flight`editor Stephen Mettam and reviewed by Mike Proctor